With more than twenty years of international experience, Barry Kolodkin has guided companies who wanted to grow their businesses in new international markets and has helped governments promote international commerce. Barry has been a successful consultant since 2003 for organizations such as Booz Allen, PricewaterhouseCoopers, IBM Consulting, World Bank, European Union, UN Development Programme and US Agency for International Development.
Barry Kolodkin has worked and lived in Romania, Ukraine and the United States and completed projects in Albania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Hungary, Japan, Moldova, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Saipan, Saudi Arabia and Timor-Leste. He speaks English and conversational Romanian, and reads French and Spanish. Barry has a Master of Arts degree in International Affairs from The George Washington University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Brandeis University. His career highlights include:
- Closing a US$150 million deal to computerize the Certified Public Accountant exam in US and growing a global network of computer-based test centers from 70 locations to nearly 200 and from US$20 million in sales to US$40 million.
- Growing the revenue of a resource management software project by 400% and from one country location to six.
- Serving as a Special Advisor to the Prime Minister of Romania for business and investment issues.
- Lead author of the Best-Practice Guide for a Positive Business and Investment Climate, available in 5 languages.
- Advising the startup of Ukraine’s investment promotion agency, InvestUkraine.
- Developing a highly successful trade and investment mission of Romanian technology companies to Moldova.
- Preparing successful qualifying bids, market strategies and business plans and project evaluations for clients.
Previously, Barry Kolodkin held international management positions at Prometric, the global leader in computer-based testing, and managed projects at GRC International (now part of AT&T).